Anny's Attic Of Collective Thoughts

Welcome! Here I begin a new journey! I look forward to sharing my daily thoughts with you, as there are many!
Come, join me in my topics. They will be an earful and an eye opener to some.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Home Made Play Dough Recipe

An old fashioned favorite that is still just as exciting today as it was years ago - play dough!

My girls love play dough - and how much more fun it is when we make it from scratch. They get to choose their own color and add a scent if they want. Today's choice was a batch of peppermint pink. The aroma of the mint filled my kitchen and it looked like pink cupcake frosting. But we dared not take a taste with our finger knowing we would get a mouth full of salt.

I hope you enjoy this recipe with your children or grand children. Have fun with being creative with colors and scents.

Play Dough

2 cups water
choice of food coloring
3 tbs oil
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tbs powdered alum (can be found at Michaels)
1/2 cup salt

Put 2 cups of water, oil and food coloring into a sauce pan and bring to boil. Set aside.

In large bowl mix the flour, alum and salt. Pour the hot water mixture over the flour mixture and mix well. At this point you can add your scented oils if desired. I use the flavored oils you can purchase at most grocery stores. After it cools a bit in the bowl then knead well. Store in air tight containers or ziplocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment